We'll have gene expression prediction competition.
From gene expression matrix (provided) some of the expression values have gone missing (I wonder where). You assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to recover (predict) the missing values.
You have permission to torture the data any way you see fit.
- Organise into teams (2-3 members each)
- register the teams to adler [at] ut .ee ASAP
- Send predictions to adler [at] ut .ee
- Latest submission deadline: 7th Dec. 2016
- Upload template / example can be found here
- A team can have up to 3 submissions
- Beside prediction you'll need to deliver:
- Max two page overview of the data and your proposed approach
- 1-3 slides on project highlights and results
There is separate page for Data
There is separate page for Results
End of the project and Prise
- 8th Dec. 2016 - In the practice session we'll draw the line to the project and some of you will have to explain what they did and how (the slides)
- The winning team gets a pass on final exam (with max points)