References and links
Fundamentals of Biology
- MIT OPENCOURSEWARE: Link to the course web page
View charismatic lecturers talking about fundamental biology with spark and enthusiasm. You can skip to molecular biology that focuses more on DNA(replication) - transcription - RNA - translation - protein.
- Bioinformatics textbook homepage (current)
- Coursera bioinformatics specialisation track: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics algorithms textbook (2004) and the corresponding web page
Python self learning
- codecademy: https://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python
Starts from the very basics and allows quickly to get the grasp of basic functions and syntax.
- Coursera specialisation track "Python for Everybody": https://www.coursera.org/specializations/python
- Documentation reference: https://docs.python.org/3.5/index.html
- Python cookbook [online]: http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1230000000393/index.html