MTAT.03.244 Software Economics
Coordinator: Marlon Dumas (marlon.dumas ät ut . ee)
The objective of the course is to provide an overview of business aspects surrounding software related solutions and investments. By the end of the course, you will be able to understand and analyse business models and its relation to IT technology, calculate, understand and compare profitability of investments and finally, learn about different methods to estimate the cost of developing a software.
- Fredrik P. Milani - Business Models and Business Case Analysis (milani ät/at ut punk/dot ee)
- Dietmar Pfahl - Software Measurement & Estimation
The course consists of three complementary parts:
- Building Blocks of a IT Intensive Company (Business Models)
- Business Case Analysis for Software Investments
- Software Development Measurement & Cost Estimation
Each part consists of 3 or 4 workshops of 4 academic hours each. A workshop includes lecture time and classwork to be completed in teams.
There are four homeworks worth 40 points in total, 4 tasks worth a total of 10 points and a final exam worth 50 points.
For questions and discussion, please use the Message Board. Please subscribe to the message board to follow-up the discussions.