Assignments (25 points)
The goal of the assignments is to incrementally build a system to support the process of hiring construction equipment (plant hire).
The system will be built in a series of assignments listed below (deadlines shown between brackets, all deadlines at at 16:00).
- (October 9th) Project setup -- Purchase orders (RentIt) - 2 points
- (October 16th) Purchase requisition handling - 4 points
- (October 23rd) Service API design - 3 points
- (October 30th) API documentation (apiary) and Continuous Integration (shippable) - 2 points
- (November 6th) Front-end development using AngularJS (plant hire request) - 4 points
- (November 13th) Plant catalog access via SOAP - 2 points
- (November 20th) Invoicing - 4 points
- (November 27th) Role-based access to BuildIt's IS - 4 points
- Unleashing the beasts (Integration BuildIT and RentIT)
Project (25 points)
The project is an extension of the assignments and can be completed using the same teams you formed to complete the assignments.
The project deliverables are a working system, a report and an oral presentation (including live demo). The report should be submitted here.
Policy for late submissions
- Assignments are due on the dates shown next to each assignment number. Assignments must be completed by 16:00 on the due date. For assignments submitted up to 1 week late, 10% will be shaved off. Submissions more than 1 week late but less than 2 weeks late will receive a penalty of 20%. Submissions more than 2 weeks late will receive a penalty of 50%. Assignments submitted after 24 December will not be accepted.
- The project is due on the date shown in the Project Specification. No late submission of the project is allowed, unless in cases of force majeure.