Bioinformatics Seminar (MTAT.03.242)
- Seminar begins from 12th February 2014.
- Seminars: on Wednesdays at 10:15 to 12:00, Room - J.Liivi 2-512.
- How to reach?
- Questions: balaji [at) ut.ee, vilo [at) ut.ee
- BIIT (Bioinformatics, Algorithmics, and Data Mining group) group website : http://biit.cs.ut.ee/
1. Choose a mentor (names are in Introductory slides in Schedule) 2. Choose an article 3. Select a date for your presentation (see Schedule for available dates). 4. Write a report (5-10 pages long) and submit (under Homework submission) one week before your presentation date. Format to write your report 5. Present your article. 6. Write a summary report of each seminar presentations and submit in Homework submission. The size of report should be less than one page. This report will highlight your understanding about the presented article (an example).
In this seminar series, each student will give an oral presentation on recently published articles based on biological data analysis, data mining, machine learning, and related areas of Bioinformatics. For beginners (Bachelor and Master students) full assistance is given in choosing, understanding and presentation of the article. We encourage Bachelor and Master students to attend this course to understand the broad area of Bioinformatics.
For this semester RNA-seq is chosen as the main topic. Articles discussing RNA-seq methodology, analysis, visualisation, algorithms, statistics and integrated analysis will be discussed.