Introduction and Rules
You are provided with an file for your virtual machine (in your home directory). You need to make a new Virtual Machine the same way you did during the Lab1 or you can just reuse the previous machine in VirtualBox by replacing the harddrive from to
If you forgot how to make the Virtual Machine, following is a reminder for you from Lab1:
Create a virtual machine:
- Open the VirtualBox application
- Press the New button to create a new virtual machine and press Next in the opened dialog window.
- Write Examination to the Name field
- Select Linux as an Operating System
- Select Debian as a Version and press Next
- Select 512MB for Base Memory Size and press Next
- Leave checkbox Start-up Disk checked and select Use existing hard disk checkbox.
- Press a small folder icon with green arrow to open a Virtual Media Manager
- Press Add icon and select exam2.vdi file in your home directory and then click Select to exit Virtual Media Manager
- Press Next and Create
After you created a virtual machine you need to configure the network.
- Select the created machine and press Settings
- Select Network
- Select Bridged Adapter in the Attached To and as a Name select eth0 interface.
- Press OK
The tasks are defined by our , accessible by your p12 certificates in your browser. Each successful test is giving you 2 points. You can earn 70 points in total for the exam (requires 35 tests). Test server has slightly more tests, so you can choose. To pass the course you need to get 51 point in total where 30 points are coming from the labs and other 21 point (11 successful tests) is a minimum you need to earn during the exam.
- First you should set your hostname in
/etc/hostname(same as during the labs)
- After you set it, you should reboot your machine to apply the changes
* As a second step you should configure the network interface (otherwise examination test server will not see you)
- Edit (uncomment)
eth0IP address according to the list (same as you had during the labs)
- After the changes turn interface on by
# ifup eth0
- Edit (uncomment)
- If everything was done correctly then you would be able to
- To connect to Examination Instance using ssh terminal on Class Machine, you probably will need to clear the known_hosts file with:
$ echo "" > ~/.ssh/known_hosts
After you have working internet connection, the test server should start to test your instance and post results to the web. You can use your instances and materials from labs and internet. However, the examination instance can be slightly different (especially in names of additional harddrives), so in many cases you cannot just copy configuration files.
During the exam students are not allowed:
- To assist each other in any way
- To run examination instance on personal machine
- run Lab Instance on Class Machine
- If you cannot run it on your laptop, contact Lab Assistant, your lab instance should be disconnected from network as it would introduce IP conflict with your examination instance (that will result in all network stuck)
- The credentials for the examination virtual instance are:
Now proceed to the Examination Test Server.