Assignments (25 points)
The goal of the assignments is to incrementally build a system to support the process of hiring construction equipment (plant hire).
The system will be built in a series of assignments listed below.
- (October 10th) BuildIt & RentIt -- initial system - 2 points
- (October 17th) Purchase requisition handling - 4 points
- (October 24th) Availability check, purchase order & scheduling - 4 points
- (October 31st) Plant catalog access through SOAP - 4 points
- (November 7th) Invoicing - 4 points
- (November 14th) Role-based access to BuildIt's IS - 4 points
- (November 28th) Service analysis and design of BuildIT - 3 points
Project (25 points)
The project is an extension of the assignments and can be completed using the same teams you formed to complete the assignments.
The project deliverables are a working system, a report and an oral presentation (including live demo). The report should be submitted here.
Policy for late submissions
- Assignments are due on the dates shown next to each assignment number. Assignments must be completed by 10:00am EET on the due date. For assignments submitted up to 1 week late, 10% will be shaved off. Submissions more than 1 week late but less than 2 weeks late will receive a penalty of 20%. Submissions more than 2 weeks late will receive a penalty of 50%. Assignments submitted after 24 December 2013 will not be accepted.