This practice session is a continuation of the previous session and follows the same format of a hands-on tutorial. This time we shall explore the basics of animation with Blender. An overview of the following topics will be given, time permitting:
- Keyframe animation. Drivers. The graph editor.
- Following curves and tracking objects.
- Physics simulation. Gravity, collisions, force fields.
- Particle systems. Boids.
- Armature & lattice modifiers. Character animation.
- The game engine.
Please, install Blender on your computer before coming to the practice session, if you still have not done it:
If you miss the session, and/or plan to learn more about Blender, the tutorials page and the Blender reference manual are your best starting places:
Attendance of the practice session gives 2.5 points. An additional 1 bonus point is awarded for the following task:
- Study this tutorial on implementing the "dissolving text" effect. Implement the effect, using your (nick)name or a favourite word/phrase of yours as the base text. Submit the resulting .blend file in a zip archive. Feel free to be creative.
- Deadline for the bonus task: 08.12. Late submission gives no points.