Bioinformatics Seminar (MTAT.03.242)
- Seminar begins from 18th February 2013.
- Seminars: on Wednesdays at 14:15 to 16:00, Room - J.Liivi 2-207.
- How to reach?
- Questions: balaji [at) ut.ee, vilo [at) ut.ee
- BIIT (Bioinformatics, Algorithmics, and Data Mining group) group website : http://biit.cs.ut.ee/
1. Choose a mentor (names are in Introductory slides in Schedule) 2. decide on a date for your presentation (see Schedule for available dates). 3. Write a report (5-10 page long) and submit (under Homework submission) one week before your presentation date. Format to write your report 4. Finally present your article and evaluate the feedback. 5. Write a summary report of each seminar presentations and submit in Homework submission. The size of report should be less than one page. This report will contain your understanding about the presentation (an example).
In this seminar series, each student will give an oral presentation on recently published articles based on biological data analysis, data mining, machine learning, and related areas of Bioinformatics. For beginners (Bachelor and Master students) full assistance is given in choosing, understanding and presentation of the article. We encourage Bachelor and Master students to attend this course to understand the broad area of Bioinformatics.
Topics of discussion include Modeling biological systems, machine learning, , reconstruction and simulation of biological networks (regulatory, metabolic, etc), High-throughput analysis, next generation sequencing, gene expression, Molecular Interactions, etc ..