You can select one project from the list below. (same project cannot be taken twice)
Then register with Huber Flores by writing an e-mail to huber AT ut.ee Put also srirama AT ut.ee in Cc
Deadline for choosing project: 22/02/2013
- Mobile Code Offloading with Annotations: The aim of this project is to create an application (e.g. Eclipse plugin) that may allow to the recognize annotations within the code. Annotations are recognized at runtime so that later they can be offloaded from the mobile (e.g. Android) to a server running on the cloud (Android x86) (Taken by Lukman adekunle and Alireza Ostovar)
- Mobile Cloud Service Composition: The aim of this project is to create/improve a composition tool for Cloud Services using Mobile Cloud Middleware. Basically, the tool aims to execute a multi-cloud operation (workflow) by performing one-time-offloading from the smartphone.
- VM Synchronization with a Mobile (Android - Android_x86): The project consists of building CyanogenMod 9 from source Here a guide for CM7 and later to synchronize the Dalvik machine with the x_86 Dalvik so that code from the mobile device can be executed within the x_86 server x_86 Dalvik general implementation idea Taken by Mohammed Abulamddi
- Fuzzy Logic Cloud Engine for Arduino:The idea of this project consists of implementing a Fuzzy Logic algorithm in the cloud which can be use for deciding when to transport sensor data from Arduino to Amazon S3. The aim of this project is to save energy of the micro-controller source-code base (Taken by Tauri Sauman)
- Simulation of Mobile Cloud Traffic: The idea of this project is to configure Android_x86 instances at the cloud (parallelization) and later simulate code offloading using benchmarking tools, Here a guide for Tsung, Here a guide for HAProxy. .
- Mobile Cloud Indoor Positioning: This project consists of implementing an indoor positioning application and identify which components (DVM - bytecode) can be offloaded to cloud. Application must be analysed in terms of energy (before and after). Taken by: Marten Hennoch and Timmu Ründal
- Merging Mobile Cloud Middleware with Mobile Web Services Mediation Framework (MWSMF): MWSMF is an Enterprise Service Bus based middleware between Mobile Host and the mobile client. Join MCM as a service engine component to the MWSMF and demonstrate it in a scenario.