Practice Session (2011/2012 spring)
- Time: Tuesday, 14:15 - 16:00 pm, room J.Liivi 2-402.
- About the course: The lecture will consist of self-study materials and of practice sessions (supervised by Dr. Bingsheng Zhang). Please read the self-study materials until the deadline indicated in the list below. In the practice session, exercises on the topics from the self-study materials will be solved in groups. Make sure you understand the self-study material before the practice, so you can solve the exercises and ask questions about unclear points.
- About the exam: There will be an oral exam (about 30 mins). To qualify for the exam, you need to participate in at least 75% of the practice sessions. A missed practice session can be substituted by handing in written solutions to the exercises done in that session (for it to count, you need 50% of the points in that solution). Written solutions are due one week after the missed session (Tuesday). See the section course progress below to see which exercises where done in a particular practice session.
- Feb. 14th, 2012: Probability, week 1. Exercises 1 -- 11.
- Feb. 21st, 2012: Probability, week 2. (supervised by Dr. Margus Niitsoo). Exercises 12 -- 21.
- Feb. 28th, 2012: Divisibility and Modular Arithmetic, week 1. (supervised by Rafik Chaabouni). Exercises 1 -- 7.1.
- Mar. 06th, 2012: Divisibility and Modular Arithmetic, week 2. Exercises 7.2 -- 18.
- Mar. 13th, 2012: Divisibility and Modular Arithmetic, week 3. Exercises 19 -- 33.
- Mar. 20th, 2012: Chinese Remainder Theorem, week 1. Exercises 1 -- 11.
- Mar. 27th, 2012: Euler Function and Asymptotic notation. Exercises 1 -- 11.
- April. 03rd, 2012: Finite fields, week 1. Exercises 1 -- 3.
- April. 10th, 2012: Finite fields, week 2. Exercises 4 -- 9.
- April. 17th, 2012: Linear algebra (supervised by Dr. Margus Niitsoo). All the exercises.
- April. 24th, 2012: Discrete logarithm. All the exercises.
- May. 08th, 2012: Factorization. All the exercises.
- May. 15th, 2012: Primality test (1). All the exercises.
- May. 22th, 2012: Q & A