Readings & Resources
- Week 1: F.P. Brookes Jr. The Mythical Man-Month (Anniversary Edition). Addison Wesley, 1995. (Chapter 2: The Mythical Man-Month, pp. 13-26).
- Week 2: D. Longstreet. Function Point Manual. Online training booklet, 2008. (Chapter 1, pages 7-16)
- Week 3: D. Longstreet. Function Point Manual. Online training booklet, 2008. (Chapter 2-9, pages 17-63)
- Week 4: Capers Jones. Estimating Software Costs: Bringing Realism to Estimating (Second Edition), McGraw-Hill, 2007. (Chapter 3: Six Forms of Software Cost Estimation, pp. 33-52)
- Week 5: Thomas Pisello. IT Value Chain Management – Maximizing the ROI from IT Investments. Online book, 2003.
- Week 6: F.P. Brookes Jr. The Mythical Man-Month (Anniversary Edition). Addison Wesley, 1995. (Chapter 8: Calling the Shot, pp. 87-94).
- Week 7: No reading this week
- Week 8: F-Secure Case Study (distributed physically)
- Week 9: Hal R. Varian. Economics of Information Technology. Draft paper, 2003.
- Week 10: N. Davidson. Don't just roll the dice
- Week 11: R. Rajala, M Rossi, V.P. Tuunainen. A Framework for Analyzing Software Business Models In Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), June 2003.
The course draws upon David Longstreet's training material on function point analysis and Barry Boehm's course on Software Management & Economics at USC's Center for Software and Systems Engineering.