MTAT.07.006 Research Seminar in Cryptography
- Gives: 3 AP = 4.5 ECTS
- Organizer: Helger Lipmaa.
- Time and room: Monday 14:15-15:45, room 315
- Kick-off seminar: The first seminar is on 05.09.2005
- Office hours: Liivi 2-334 by appointment.
- Course material: papers and surveys on the subjects. See schedule. More information will follow later.
- Mailing list: teadus dot crypto at lists dot ut dot ee.
- Prerequisites: MTAT.07.002 or any of its predecessors ("Cryptology I" ) or equivalent skills.
- Seminars are only going to happen when somebody talks. Check the schedule page.
- I will directly email information to all students, so email me if you want to be in my mailing list.
- No brochure in Estonian. No exams.
Focus for 2005Since this will be the first similar seminar in Tartu, it will not have a very concrete focus. Instead, we will look at recent developments in cryptography that should be in the curriculum (Crypto I/II) but are not "there yet". As such, some topics will be accessible to students who take Crypto I in parallel (although, some independent work is to be expected in this case).
Signing up for the seminar
Fastest way: Use OIS. If you are not from your university (and thus do not have an account at OIS), or you were too late to register on OIS, then please send an email to the professor by 15 September 2005 with the following information. It is not mandatory, but useful in getting to know your background.
- Name, student id, department
- Information about yourself (list of publications, prerequisites, work experience that is relevant, description of your knowledge of area, a short research plan...). --- this is mostly needed to know your background, what do you know about the area and which topics might be interesting for you.
This additional information is not needed if you have participated in Lipmaa's seminars before. Still, please send an email unless you register by OIS.
Sven Laur, Jaak Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, Kaspar Ilves, Hando Tint, Marko Jõemets, Aleksei Ivanov, Liina Kamm, Konstantin Tretjakov, Alexandre Grebennik, Dan Bogdanov, Kadri Hendla, Oleg Koshik.